Picture Is A Stock Photo!
JHS Panther Cub Tap Analog Tempo Delay Pedal
Version 1.5 is nearly identical to V1 except for a internal change that provides nearly infinite feedback and smoother and less-percussive run-away/oscillation! V1.5 has no external changes or any function changes...just the internal change.
Do you want us to mod your V1 to V1.5?
We're happy to modify V1 Panther Cubs into V1.5 for a small fee... select the option in the drop down menu below and complete the checkout process... be sure to print and complete our Modification form and include it in the box with your Cub when you mail it to us. Visit this page, add the Mod to your Cart and complete the check out process. Please visit Panther Cub V1.5 Upgrade Mod
In 2011, we released the Panther Analog Delay. Almost exactly two years later, we tried a nearly impossible feat of taking everything we love about the Panther Delay, making a few improvements, and packaging it into an enclosure half the size. We are proud to bring you the Panther Cub.
100% Analog Bucket Brigade Technology
The Panther Cub is voiced to deliver the dark and chewy repeats that analog delay fans clamor for. But unlike other analog designs, the Panther Cub offers you an unheard of 1,000ms (about one second) of delay time! Bring in beautiful, ambient modulation with the pedal's M.SPEED and M.DEPTH controls. And an internal ROAR switch offers two levels of oscillation and runaway for the sonically adventurous.
- 1,000ms of Delay (1 full second)
- Eight 3208 Bucket Brigade Delay chips
- Onboard Modulation that stays accurate even when using Tap Tempo
- Internal ROAR switch for 2 modes of oscillation sensitivity
Extensive Onboard Control
Thanks to its groundbreaking feature set, the Panther Cub Delay has been one of our most intriguing pedals to date. It's not often you find an all-analog delay with onboard tap tempo and a 4-section RATIO control with settings for quarter, dotted-eighth, eighth, and triplet divisions. In fact, our Panther Delay was the first to do it!
- Soft-touch Tap Tempo switch
- 4-position RATIO control (1/4, 1/8, dotted 1/8, Triplets)
- True Speed LED (indicates rate of actual delay)
External Tone-shaping Power
The Panther Cub's control and tweakability extend further than what you'll find onboard. By adding your favorite pedals into the Panther Cub's effects loop, you're able to affect the repeats in ways that are as vast as your creativity. An expression pedal input can be assigned to change many of the pedal's settings on the fly. And you even have the opportunity to externally control your tap tempo and tap slave the Panther Cub to your other time-based pedals.
- EFX Loop (via TRS splitter) that allows placement of any effect on repeats only
- Dry Out (via TRS splitter) for stereo field of sound
- Assignable Expression (control Speed, Ratio, Mod Depth, Mod Speed)
- Tap Input/Output allows external tap controller or tap slaving
Additional Panther Cub Benefits:
- Pedalboard-friendly size
- Space-saving top-mounted Input/Output jacks
- True Bypass Switching
- Standard 9V DC negative power
100% Designed, Populated, and Assembled in Kansas City USA
This pedal requires standard 9V DC Negative power, consumes 100mA, and measures 4.7"x3.7"x1.2"